Thursday, July 12, 2007

If God doesn't go with me I'm not moving!!

Had a really good talk with a friend yesterday morning about whether to move forward with an opportunity that may or may not be a divine appointment. By move forward I mean, pursuing the opportunity or letting it go and seeing what happens. :) Often God wants us to step out in pursuit, sword weilded and ready to fight for what He has laid on our hearts. Other times we get to hear a sweet whisper of wait...don't move...let Me work. Just trust.

I have always been one to go on the offense, to do everything I can to make things happen and then leave the results to God. He has a way of closing doors if it's not His will. But I seem to have entered into a new rest. This week at ICRS, way too many doors opened for me to walk through them all. And I know from experience that my pushing has gotten me overworked and overcomitted and, quite frankly, overwhelmed in the past. I'm finally caught up and breathing and loving on my kids and not ready to push, prod, and poke my way into bearing an Ishmael.

SO new resolution....
No more pursuit of dreams, money, prestige or that ONE publisher I'm dying to write for...from now on my pursuit is focused on one heart and that's the Heart of God.
I'm waiting on Isaac. My promise, my dream, the thing that will bring most glory to God and will begin the fulfillment of HIS plans for this daughter of His.

I don't have a new contract after December. I'm usually booked up two years ahead, so this makes me a little nervous (I guess not too-too nervous, I haven't sent out proposals). But as I told my friend yesterday, If God doesn't give me clear direction, I'm simply not going to step. I have been walking on water for four years now. Jumping out by faith and God has ALWAYS honored those steps. But right now I'm working on my next deadline, will faithfully turn in a manuscript to the best of my ability, on time, and I'm also writing a book of my heart without a contract. YES writer friends (I heard that horrified gasp). No contract. I may not even ever sell this work. I'm honestly writing it as an act of worship between God and myself. It's my quiet time, my worship time, my intimacy with God. But Many years ago I fell in love with the story of God's faithful love for a faithless bride. And I have it on my heart to write a Hosea, Gomer allegory in contemporary times. I may be the only one ever to read it. But I need to do this as my own worship to God. My own thanks for His relentless pursuit and love for this faithless daughter and drawing me into an intimacy that gives me eyes for only Him.

And you know what? God will meet all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. So if I enter into January 2008 with nothing on the docket...that's okay. Because if God isn't going with me, I'm simply not going. I have to know that my feet are on Daddy's feet and He's leading the dance.

And guess what? That's a safe place to be.
This life I live is for His glory, not mine. I sort of forgot that for just a little while.

Peace out

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great post. And, I didn't get to see you enough! Miss you.

Hugs, Rachel

July 13, 2007 12:44 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Love this post, Tracey. It's a devotional all by itself. Thanks for sharing. Great lesson.

July 13, 2007 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home