Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm at ICRS this week. Got in yesterday about noon and got to my hotel around 2.
Then caught up with buds Rachel and Suzie and went to the convention floor to get our badges (saves time to do it the night before). Suz and Rachel both had dinners so I hooked up with publicist extraordinaire, Jeane Wynn and had dinner with her and her great husband Tyson. Later, joined BACK up with Rach and Suz for a time. I am seeing SOOO many familiar faces. Chip and Camy Tang, Cindy Woodsmall, Ted Dekker, Karen Kingsbury, Terri Blackstock!
But remember how obsessed I am with Lisa Samson? On the way in to get our badges, Suz said, Oh look there's Lisa. I actually started shaking. Lisa? Lisa who. Wait is that....?
They looked at me like I'm not quite all there, and said, Samson. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I have to meet her. Someone introduce us.....NOW! :)
And they did, and she is AWESOME.....her family is amazing and I'm in love (in a non-weirdo way).

Today Was a GREAT day...woke up planning to go to THe MArgaret Mitchell house, but felt like the Lord told me go to the convention. So I obeyed. And I'm so glad I did. My best friend Chris Lynxwiler (of the Arkansas retreat of a few weeks ago), walked the floor with me. I got Terri Blackstock's new book. Angela Hunts new book, Camy Tang!!!!!! Her new book is out.

I had a TV interview (YES TV. I about died)at 3pm for Faith TV, on Sky Angel. We discussed Catch a Rising Star and the Drama Queens series. FUN!! It was THE best TV interview I've ever had. And she gave me a fabulous interview. So thank you RANDI if you read this.

Tomorrow is the launch party for Avon Inspire. I'm so honored to be sitting next to Linda Windsor as the fellow launch author for this incredible new venture for the line. We will be on display to sign and smile. (:) ) I'm looking forward to it. Linda had lunch with Chris and me today and it was so awesome to sit there with her. I was a big fan of hers before I ever thought about writing a book, so to be a fellow launch author of a whole new series is one of the most exciting things ever to happen to me.

Tonight is dinner with the Harper Collins folks (including Linda, I believe--so twice in a day!). And tomorrow is my big booksigning day with Harper and Faithwords.

Well, my sweet husband, Rusty just called and I took a break from writing this blog to talk to him. He was praying for me while I had the interview. What a great man God has blessed me with.

Until next time....

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa samson said...

Are you kidding me? The pleasure was all mine!! Totally! I walked away thinking, "You know. I could hang out with her!"

July 18, 2007 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home