Sunday, August 12, 2007

Resisting unto blood

Have you ever struggled against sin in your life, fought it so hard that you actually bled?
Jesus did. He fought against the struggle inside of him as he prayed in the garden the night he was betrayed. Fought so hard, that he actually sweat out great drops of blood, the bible says.

A few years ago when God required me to stop smoking, he gave me Heb 12 as my scripture for that first week. I had to keep saying, "I have not yet resisted unto blood. I can do this. Jesus resisted unto blood."
You see. We are way too easy on ourselves. I love Pastor Rick, our youth pastor. he speaks my language so clearly. This morning the church building was really hot and he said, "I don't feel sorry for you, I played a softball tournament in 100 degrees yesterday. It's only about 80 in here." LOL Rick's a barbarian too. He is NOT a nuturer. but he was right. We couldn't spend ten more minutes so that a man could be born again? A person gave his life to Jesus in our 80 degree hot church today.

God is dealing with me. Time to toughen up.
I'm a warrior princess. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

In order for me to stop sinning in my stomach, I had to have gastric bypass and cut it down to the size of a thumb. And don't go all spiritual on me, Jesus himself said if your right hand offends you, cut it off. It's better to go to heaven maimed than to go to hell. Right? Well, if I spent 30 years trying to get victory over gluttony and couldn't, then I had to take a drastic approach. God gave me the solution. I took it and now I have to walk in obedience in my eating, but I was required to be careful with eating. So I learned to eat a new way.

One more thing that goes along with what I've been saying so far...
Today my past came back to confront me. Someone who absolutely terrorized me years ago stepped across my path. I wanted to run out of the church. I did sort of run to the other SIDE of the church for a little while, trembling. But as we began to sing At the Cross (Hillsongs) "At the cross I bow my knee where your blood was shed for me. There's no greater love than this. You have overcome the grave. Your glory fills the highest place. What can separate me now?"
I remembered that jesus was treated so much worse than I was. He forgave. I went to a new place in Jesus today.
He set me free.
Aleluia

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Such a great post, Tracey! Very wonderful insight.

Love, Rachel

August 12, 2007 9:19 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Tracey, you have such incredible posts. It's as if you're my online devotional. You have a knack of saying just what I need to hear. Thanks for sharing.

August 12, 2007 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home