Thursday, September 20, 2007

Reality TV

Okay, the time has come... Survivor starts tonight, Survivor starts tonight, hiho the dario, survivor starts tonight. YAY!!!!

This has been a fabulous week so far! I received and returned my content edit for That's (Not Exactly) Amore, the third Drama Queens book. I am working intensively on a new proposal. Finally some direction. And I'm working on the third Westward Hearts book. Working hard but on a forgiving schedule. Determined that from now on, I will not overload myself. I discovered on this last book, that it's better to take more time, really get to know my characters and spend some time plotting. The book is so much better and more developed. If you are a writer, RUN and buy PLOT and STRUCTURE by James Scott Bell. it is a FABULOUS book and rejuvenated my writing.

I'm feeling more focused to work at this craft and be serious about it as a job. A job I love, but one nonetheless. I needed my own space away from the "family" areas. For ten years I've been writing in living room, bedroom, even the kitchen for a time. And I told Rusty. It's enough. I need a space I can call my office! SO to that end, we moved my desk into my own little corner of the garage. I lift my gaze above my monitor and I have a shelf with my beautiful Williamsburg series by Elswyth Thane. And my beloved Love Comes softly series by (who else?) Janette Oke--the reason I became a writer. To my left is a lovely clock base with a pen holder that Igot from the advisory board when I was president of ACFW. And to my right...All the seasons of Smallville on DVD so far. :) Also on my left is a painting my daughter did for me of a lion standing majestically on rocks looking out over a valley. She's so gifted.

Anyway, ours is a finished garage where we have our treadmill and elliptical and all the weights and stuff. Plus a TV of course, because who can run without TV these days? Speaking of which, I got my tshirt from the last one--the one we didn't run. I guess if you pay you still get the tshirt. :) There is a 5K race in Springfield in November and we've decided to head for that one. I WILL run one of those doggone thigns. I took a few weeks off running so I've had to start back at a really light workout, but I'm getting there again.

I guess that's it for this time.
Peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

Sounds like things are going well. Woo Hoo! I'm thrilled for you.

And about James Scott Bell, I'm ready to read the book again now that I've met him. It'll be like he's reading it to me...with a sense of humor.

(did I miss a really good Survivor show?)

Thanks for the update, Tracey. It's always good to hear from you.

September 24, 2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Nice post! It's good to "catch up" with you!

Love, Rachel

September 24, 2007 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home