Friday, October 05, 2007

Big Thanks!

To my friends and writing community. The internet brings so much into the life of a person who works from home. I praise God for the day I met Lynn Coleman and she invited me into her online community of Christians with the same passions I have. To serve God through writing. For the past 10 years or so, I've been honored and blessed to know some amazing incredible people and have made lifelong friends, prayer partners, and bible study pals. A solid group of friends who listen to God and give me correction when they see me headed off in the wrong direction, but give me a pat on the back when they see me doing right. It's hard to constantly be criticized. It's heart rending and not in a good way. That's why the Bible tells fathers not to be too harsh with their kids because it can cause them to lose hope. I think writers more than anyone else understand that. We can definitely take correction. We have to if we're going to be any good at what God has called us to do. But we also know if we have an overly critical editor who never gives a thumbs up, it beats us down and makes us feel worthless. (this isn't the case with me. I tough, but tender editors).

So...thank you, thank you, thank you. You who speak the truth in love, but never, ever belittle me!! I pray that I have given you the same blessing over the last 10 years.

Last night I was so bummed. Feeling like a failure, like I can't do or say anything right. I was praying, "Please, Lord. Show me my heart, but do it with kindness so I'm not destroyed inside." You see. I WANT to be pure and holy before God. But I've seen so much church abuse and experienced it in the past that it's hard for me to trust church "leaders". I've missed out on a lot because of my distrust. But I've also avoided some pitfalls. I'm seeking God to help me find the balance.

Anyway, I got an email from a lady I don't know. A minister who has read the Claire series and thanked me for "listening to God" and ministering to her and her sister who is also a ministry wife of a senior pastor. Wow, healing balm. And so needed, especially from someone who is currently serving in ministry. I cried, thanked God for confirmation that I'm not a complete screw up, and went to bed seeking him about a couple of situations in my life. So...back to the calling at hand. No more guilt trips, no more twisted thinking or bitterness. God is good, all the time.
Hey, we're barbarians, right? Barbarians do what they have to do but don't get distracted by anything other than the mission!

OH sidenote...
Will, my nine-year-old was player of the night on his team during practice last night.
I've been speaking favor over him for awhile because he has such low self esteem. He's so quiet, that he tends to be overlooked by teachers at school and church. It's funny how people just assume about some kids and don't take time...I think it would surprise a lot of people to know that Will is a straight A student with so much intelligence that it's almost mind boggling. He has been opening up a lot lately and I'm floored by so many of his insights.

We've been spending a lot of time together, reading every night. Talking about issues that are important to him. God gave me some clear direction a few months ago about how He needs me to raise Will and I've been careful to be consistent in most of them. (We've discussed poor church attendance, so no need to go there! That's my issue. :) ).

Well, enough. I feel like taking a deep, cleansing breath and getting to work for the day.

Love and Peace. God truly is FOR you. His favor surrounds you like a shield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home