Sunday, October 07, 2007

Football and Pizza

Will's team won 24 to 8 last night!! My little linebacker did a GREAT job. Got a tackle and blocked to the best of his ability. This has been a crazy couple of weeks. I've felt hammered by fellow christians. I was thinking how we need to be linebackers for eachother. Intercession. Blocking enemy access to our brothers and sisters. When we gossip and judge it's like just standing there and letting the enemy run right through our defenses and win. But it's not just them. I have to see my own heart too. Am I truly loving even when they hurt me? Am I blocking access to the enemy from my brothers and sisters? The word says we're a peculiar people. I think part of that is because we bless those who curse us. We pray for those who despise us. We take the high road and love even when people don't love us back. Jesus loves me, this I know. I love him and my neighbor as myself.

Mom went with us last night. We had a great time sitting in the cool evening air watching the game, talking... then went for pizza. Had a great server who saved us $10 by pointing out that we ordered everything on a family special deal, only we ordered it separately. Gave her a good tip. I like walking in favor. It surrounds me like a shield.

Today I woke up before 6 am. Couldn't sleep. Had a lot on my mind. I decided to get up and work out. So here it is 7:12. Just finished. I'm going to have coffee with Rusty, shower, and get Stevan to church before 9 so he can help his team in Kid's church. He's a teenager now and has always wanted to help in ministry.
I'm proud of him. God is truly blessing my kids. Thanks, Lord.

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Yeah for Will! How fun. :)

Love, R

October 07, 2007 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home