Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Consistency

I hate trying to be consistent. Seriously. I'm working really hard on diet and exercise. Day Five...(for the hundredth time). Daily word count. Regular church attendance. Family devotions/prayer time. Family dinners.
I've boiled it down to something so simple...You're going to like this...discipline.

We live in a society where there are very few boundaries and tend to buy into the lie that we can do what feels right. But God's way says "crucify the deeds of the flesh". So that's my hard lesson this week. I wake up every day wanting to pig out and be lazy. And every day I have to remind myself that this isn't about will power. It's about obedience. Becoming the person I want to be. The person I want to be is fit and healthy, wise and faithful. A deadline meeter and someone to be counted on.
It won't happen with the sweep of a magic wand. It will take discipline and prayer.

My friend Susie is so faithful at those things. She inspires me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

This is all the very things I'm struggling with. We'll have to pray each other through it.

Glad you're back blogging again.

February 28, 2008 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home