Monday, May 05, 2008

God's smile

There's an Eric Liddle quote that I love to meditate on and use during my talks with women about dreams and potential.
He was a Scottish runner who ran in the Olympics during the games right after WW2 (remember Chariots of Fire?)
He said. “I believe God made me for purpose. But he also made me fast. When I run. I feel his pleasure.”

Wow, what confidence in God and His plans. We don't have to stand behind a pulpit or sing like an angel for God to find pleasure in his purpose for us.

I was thinking about that today and I thought, When I write, do I feel your pleasure? There are days when I have been so tired and so needing to rest that I didn't feel anything but self-pity. :) But as I take time to rest and allow God to reveal His plans to me, I'm feeling His pleasure as I create new characters, story-lines, as I go back and rewrite and rewrite and fix holes in plotlines and take time to really say what I want to say in my writing instead of rushing to completion, that I feel his absolute approval and blessing and yes, His pleasure.

I want to feel His pleasure in the things I feel like He's called me to do. Running is one of those, although I'll never be Olympic fast or even fast enough to outrun my mother, most likely, but when I finish a workout and I'm tired and sweaty and sore...I smile. Because I feel His pleasure
Peace~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home