Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day

May 1, 2008- May Day

Exactly how I feel today MAYDAY MAYDAY. Lord, help me! What have I gotten myself into? I’ve told everyone that I’m training for a marathon, that I’m going the distance, that I’m journaling my experiences and will write a book about faithfulness. Everyone is waiting to see… They believe I can do it. In my heart I hear them saying, “You CAN but WILL you?"

I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength and He’s the one who gave me this dream. Dreams don’t sit around on your heart for 24 years without a reason.

I did intervals of running and walking. I'm doing a specific training program. The structure will help me not move ahead too quickly and hurt my knees again.

peace~

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel M said...

What a goal!!! I admire you. And I'll share with you with this piece of encouragement from my pastor: "Your dreams should be so big that if God is not a part of them, then you're going to fall on your face." You know how to dream. God will see you through this.

May 02, 2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi! I think this is great and I admire you so much. I ran during high school and college and have just started up again because my daughter is running cross-country and track in jr. high. I've always wanted to run a marathon someday, but its hard when you are a mom! I ran my first 5K last year and plan to run more this summer....I can't wait to hear about your training....both physical and spiritual. I'd never thought about it as a way to grow closer to the Lord, but I do love my worship music when I run! That would be alot of fellowship with Him! I'll pray for you! and by the way....I love your books....getting ready to read "You had me at goodbye" as soon as it comes in the mail. You are such a ray of sunshine, Tracey!
Melissa

May 03, 2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger Jean Kincaid said...

Hi Tracey, I've had faith in you for about six years now. I've watched you accomplish things I still dream of doing. This will just make me respect you even more. So hop to it.

May 03, 2008 7:55 PM  
Blogger Tracey Bateman said...

Hi guys,
thanks for the comments and encouragement! My shins are sore. Not from Splints, from muscles, but still... It's exciting to think that in a year I'll be running a marathon! And in between I'll run, three miles, then five, then ten. Every step in the journey will be exciting.
Melissa, I love to listen to Podcasts while I run. :) I listen to Erwin McManus and my pastor.
T

May 03, 2008 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home