Thursday, May 15, 2008

Natalie Grant Concert!

Tomorrow night is the Natalie Grant concert and I am soooo excited. Here's the thing. I don't care if she's the female vocalist of the year. Well, I care for HER sake. I mean which of the writers among us doesn't want to win a Christy?
Anyway, so I wrote the last three books to her Awaken CD. Even if she were as obscure in the singing world as I am in the writing world, I would be over the top excited that she's coming to my town.

I remember in December I was a stoplight and her CD (of course) was playing and AWAKEN came on.

"Awaken the Passion to live for you Lord.
Open my eyes so I can see your presence dwelling inside
wake me up, 'cause I can't live another minute if I'm not shining your light..."

I had been listening for a YEAR to this CD, obsessively. It was the only CD I could listen to and still write. But in that moment, I finally GOT it. I wept. Horns were honking. People were staring and I was trying to drive. But I didn't really give a rip, you guys. When God shows up, it's just too much.

God meets us where we are and in that moment I needed to wake up.

Tomorrow night I'm going to work the product table, I may or may not get to see her up close. If I do, I'll take a pic and put it here. Even if I don't...Jesus used her gifts in my life and He brought her to Lebanon (of all places) because He loves me. And I don't care who says anything else...Jesus and me...we know why she's here: Jesus loves me this I know. :)

I'll fill you in on Saturday...but not early. It's the 5K for the Pregnancy Support Center and I have to be there at 7:30 to help out with registration. I started volunteering a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. I fit right in with these precious folks. The lady in charge of most of the hands on stuff is a KICK and a half. She's an ex-hippie and is so cool I could just listen to her all day. She has a TON of Jesus that just sings from her when opens her mouth. I am so honored to work with her. I MIGHT get to start teaching one-on-one next week. Oh back to the 5K. Turns out I'm not ready to run it, but I can walk. I'm working on it. I'm still determined to run my marathon. God said I could. So I will.

It's late. Gotta go. I wish the rest of the world started their day at 10am. I hate going to bed early and getting up early. Getting up at 6:30 is a bummer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

Hey Tracey, I just listened to Awaken on Youtube. I can see why you love it. Fantastic. Most of Natalie's songs are. I have to make sure I'm using cruise control when her song I Will Not be Moved comes on. Hope your night at the concert is blessed.

Oh, and as for getting up early...I'm up before 6:00. But that ends for a while when school is out. Then I get to sleep till 7:00. (g)

May 16, 2008 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home