Sunday, June 29, 2008

SUMMER!

When I decided to take the summer off from writing I envisioned hot days bathing in the sun while reading one book after another from my enormous TBR pile, sipping lemon-flavored tea and listening to 80s rock.

You know what they say about the best laid plans (actually what DO they say about the best laid plans?)Anyway, I haven't done those things. Starting with Cat's graduation, we have been bopping around from one thing to the next. It's still been fun. My sister and her family were in from Louisiana for a few days and took Cat and Michael back with them for two weeks. My son Stevan has a summer job that I've been driving him to and from every day and last Sunday I packed up Stevan and Will and we drove down to Louisiana (11 hours!). We stayed a week and drove back with all four kids Friday and Saturday.

We drove five hours yesterday in pouring rain and thunderstorms. In the Branson area we passed a rescue effort in a low-lying area where some people were camping.
But God was faithful and we made it without too much trouble. I slept all day and all night though and woke up with no clean clothes, so stayed home from church.

Anyway!! The really great news is that I made a new sale so I will have food on the table for the next few months. :) I'm so excited about this new deal that I'm sorely tempted to spill out all the details, but better wait for a little while until everything is in stone.

Well, that's my update for this week. I'm looking forward to getting back to the pregnancy support center. I had to miss last week while I was away and I miss my little community of like-minded friends, other volunteers and those who head up the center. I love the place!

Peace~

Tracey

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, I am excited to discover this blog! I recently reviewed your Drama Queen series on my blog (with a book giveaway) and while searching for a site to link, discovered this blog! Congratulations on your success and being able to food on your table :)

Your writing is wonderful and I have really enjoyed what I've read so far. Thank you for bringing happy, exciting Christian literature into the world! I look forward to reading your blog as well!

July 22, 2008 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home