Monday, August 18, 2008

Confessions of a political fence sitter

I recorded the Saddleback forum moderated by Rick Warren and have slowly been watching it.
I'm not a fence sitter and I don't like the feeling of not being sure. I love the fact that MCCain has served our country wih such honor. As a military wife, this definitely pushes all my patriotic buttons. But there are a lot of heroes I wouldn't want to vote as president. And, yes I believe he's a Christian. He's also a polititian with an agenda: BE PRESIDENT OF THE US, the Most powerful man in the free world!
I honestly believe that Obama is sincere in his desire for a better America. I think he's surrounded by a lot of liberals who don't know Jesus (although I believe Obama does). But he has taken a couple of stands that I can't reconcile by heart to.

So, bottom line...I have a lot of soul-searching and praying to do between now and November.
Jesus, would you please give us wisdom as we go to the polls and let your will be done in America.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Amen. I feel the same way. :)

August 18, 2008 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home