Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gearing up for 2009

I'm soooo grateful for the things God has taught and still is teaching me in 2008. Three more days until we turn the calendar. As I've prayed for a "new word" for 2009, I keep coming back to "stay the course". God's word for me is to keep pressing in. Keep doing what I'm doing and let Him take me where my path should lead. So many times we want the new year to bring some magical NEW thing. But for me, I want to keep on the same trajectory. Keep going to church on Sundays and Wednesdays. Keep nurturing relationships with fellow Christians, keep serving as my pastor requests. Keep building that trust that will allow me to serve from one degree to the next.
So friends, seek God for your year, stay planted in God's house, develop friendships from the household of faith and watch yourself flourish spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

Happy New Year. God Bless

2 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

Happy New Year, to you, too. I bought Leave It to Claire tonight, so I'll be ringing in the new year by cuddling up with one of your books. That should be a great start, right?

December 30, 2008 10:11 PM  
Blogger angela said...

I'm loving it. It's been too long since I've read a chick lit. And as much as I hate the expression LOL, that's what I'm doing. Here are my favorite lines so far:

But I practically never growl when anyone is present.

and...

I'm thinking this woman is not the frail old lady she pretends to be. She could probably take me in a street fight.

This book is probably one of the best ones I could read right now, as I just sold my first CBA book and it would be so easy to make deadlines a priority over family. I appreciate your insight.

January 03, 2009 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home